HEALTH AND SAFETY
LAST UPDATED 1.15.2023
The health and safety of our attendees, staff, partners, and vendors is a key priority for COMBO BREAKER. We work closely with our venue, security vendors, local law enforcement, and public health advisors to develop safety and security plans for our events. Our policies and procedures apply to every registered participant, vendor, and guest in any COMBO BREAKER event.
Every participant should be aware of the following procedures at our events:
- Security staff may approach you outside the event, at event entry points, and/or inside the event in order to assist you and/or event staff with event requirements
- You are required to wear your badge/credentials at all times in the event spaces
- Badge verification, physical screening, bag checks, uniformed and covert security guards, crowd management, signage, and traffic barriers are used throughout the event spaces
- Based on venue and local requirements, uniformed and/or covert police may be on-site at COMBO BREAKER events
Health and Safety Acknowledgement
Be advised that a risk of exposure to COVID-19 exists in any event or public space, including COMBO BREAKER. By choosing to attend COMBO BREAKER events, you acknowledge this inherent risk on behalf of yourself and/or any Minor for which you serve as Guardian (collectively, “You”), and, as a condition of entering COMBO BREAKER, You acknowledge, understand, and confirm each of the following in accordance with applicable health guidelines:
- That You will abide by all terms of admission and participation (as may be updated from time to time) and event health-and-safety requirements, all local public health regulations and guidance from the relevant city and/or state which are in effect at the time of entry, and, where applicable, provide proof of compliance with any event entry requirements;
- That You are not currently experiencing any of the symptoms of COVID-19, as identified at CDC.gov; including but not limited to the following:
- Fever or chills
- Shortness of breath or difficulty breathing
- Muscle or body aches
- New loss of taste or smell
- Sore throat
- Congestion or runny nose
- Nausea or vomiting
- That You are not currently infected with COVID-19 and that prior to attending the event You have not been in contact with someone with confirmed or suspected COVID-19 symptoms without following CDC recommendations.
Please do not enter COMBO BREAKER or the COMBO BREAKER venue if You cannot confirm all of the above criteria. If at any point during Your time at the event You do not meet all of the above criteria, You may be asked to leave the venue at the sole discretion of event staff.
Please note that local and federal regulations can change with very short notice. COMBO BREAKER’s health and safety requirements, alongside our expectations, may change to comply with laws whenever needed.
Face Coverings Required
Attendees and staff must wear an acceptable face mask that covers their nose and mouth at all times in the event spaces unless actively eating or drinking in the concessions area. All attendees must provide their own face coverings during COMBO BREAKER.
- Attendees may not eat food in the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center, Schaumburg Ballroom, or Utopia ballroom. All food must be consumed in the concessions area located in the Utopia foyer.
- Please note that the following face masks are encouraged:
- Disposable surgical/medical procedure masks
- Respirators designed to meet international standards including:
- N95, KN95, 1st, DL2, DL3, FFP2, FFP3, KN100, KP95, KP100, P2, P3, PFF2, PFF3, R95, and special
- Masks with exhalation valves and/or vents are not allowed
- Mesh coverings, perforated masks, and damaged masks are not allowed
- Face coverings that cannot be secured over the nose, such as gaiters, must be used in combination with one of the above face masks
- An exception to the face mask requirement will be made for on-air talent at their discretion while on-air in commentary areas
Cleaning and Sanitation
COMBO BREAKER works with our venue partners and hired staff to ensure that cleaning and sanitation standards are met during the event.
Medical and Emergency Services
In the event you require medical or emergency assistance, please seek event security or Command Center staff. Medical services, including emergency medical technicians and a first aid room, are available on-site in the Renaissance Schaumburg Convention Center.
In case of a serious emergency, such as a cardiac arrest or fire, please immediately call 911.
COMBO BREAKER is continually improving our efforts to ensure accessible events for our attendees with disabilities. We encourage you to contact our team for any accessibility-related needs.
Trained service animals and guide dogs are allowed on our show floor. All service animals must remain on a leash or harness at all times.